- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: n/a
- Servings: 3
- In a mixing bowl, combine the nut butter, cocoa powder, 2 tbsp coconut flour, and vanilla, then mix to combine.
- Continue to add coconut flour, 1 tbsp at a time, until the mixture is stiff enough to roll into a ball and hold its shape. The amount of coconut flour you need to add will depend on the texture of the nut butter you use.
- Coarsely chop the macadamias and dark chocolate, then add the macadamias, cacao nibs, and dark chocolate to the protein bite mixture. Mix until evenly combined.
- Scoop the mixture into ~1.5-2 tbsp balls, or about the size of a gold ball. Roll each ball in shredded coconut.
- Store the protein bites in a sealed container in the refrigerator for a week, or in the freezer for up to several weeks. Enjoy them chilled so that they hold their shape.
NOTE: To keep this recipe keto-friendly, make sure to use natural, unsweetened, 100% chocolate for both the cocoa powder and the chocolate bar. We love this recipe best with a mixture of both cacao nibs and dark chocolate since they each have different textures and flavors, but you can use all one or the other if you have trouble finding one. For a different flavor profile, try rolling the balls in toasted sesame seeds instead of coconut.
- 1 c natural, unsweetened nut butter of choice
- 2 tbsp natural, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-8 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 oz bag Mauna Loa Hawaiian Sea Salt Macadamia Nuts
- ¼ c cacao nibs
- 2 oz (or about ¼ c) finely chopped unsweetened 100% dark chocolate
- ½ c unsweetened shredded coconut