- Cut each date open to ensure that all the pits have been removed.
- Combine the dates, macadamias, and coconut in a food processor and process just until the mixture starts to clump. Make sure not to over-process, otherwise, the nuts will begin to release their oils. The crust mixture should have a sticky texture and should stay together when squeezed.
- Spoon the crust mixture into a pie pan and press it down firmly, along both the bottom and the sides. You want to achieve an even layer that will stick together well.
- Allow the ice cream to soften at room temperature for five minutes, then scoop both pints into the pie crust. Use a small spatula to smooth the ice cream into an even layer.
- Cover the pie and freeze it for at least several hours and ideally overnight. Or, leave it in the freezer for as long as several days. Wait to garnish it until just. before serving.
- To make the maple-glazed macadamias, combine the macadamias, maple syrup, and cinnamon in a small skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, tossing frequently until the maple syrup is bubbling up around the nuts and has just barely begun to crystallize. Turn off the heat and sprinkle them with sea salt. Cool completely before handling, then break the nuts apart into bite-sized clusters.
- When ready to serve, remove the pie from the freezer. Garnish with maple-glazed macadamias and a generous drizzle of caramel sauce. Store any leftover slices in the freezer.
This special ice cream pie features sweet and salty flavors and a decadent holiday vibe. It will be perfect for Thanksgiving or any other festive fall occasion! This pie is actually much lighter than a traditional ice cream pie, and easier to make too. It features a high-protein, no-bake crust made with just dates, macadamias, and coconut. The crust then gets filled with a creamy Mauna Loa Molokaʻi Sea Salt & Caramel Ice Cream and topped with delightfully crunchy maple glazed macadamias, plus an additional drizzle of caramel sauce. This recipe is vegan (if you choose a vegan caramel sauce) and grain-free.
For the pie crust:
- 1 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 6 oz Mauna Loa Hawaiian Sea Salt Macadamias
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
For the filling and topping: