- Measure the spices for the taco filling (chili powder, cumin, and coriander) into a dry skillet. Toast the spices over medium heat for a minute or two, just until they become fragrant.
- Add the Mauna Loa macadamias, toasted spices, and lime zest to a small food processor. Pulse the food processor 5-10 times until the nuts evenly combine with the spices and make a coarse, crumbly mixture. Be careful not to over-process!
- To make the pineapple salsa, combine the pineapple jalapeño and cilantro, and mix well. You can control the heat level of the tacos by removing the seeds and ribs from the jalapeño if desired, or by using a milder pepper (e.g., a poblano) instead.
- When ready to serve, warm the tortillas in a tortilla warmer or wrapped in a very slightly damp cloth in the microwave.
- Fill each tortilla with a few spoonfuls of the macadamia taco filling, a small handful of red cabbage shreds, a big spoonful of spicy pineapple salsa, and avocado slices. Serve lime wedges and jalapeño slices for garnishing individual portions.
Make-Ahead Tips: These tacos are very make-ahead friendly! You can make the macadamia taco filling and the pineapple salsa the day before; just store them in separate, tightly sealed containers in the fridge. You can also cut the cabbage, jalapeño, and limes the day before to save even more time. Wait to assemble until just before serving.
For the Macadamia Taco Filling
- 6 oz (one jar) Mauna Loa Sea Salt Macadamias
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- Zest of a lime
For the Spicy Pineapple Salsa
- 2 c finely diced fresh pineapple
- 1 jalapeño, with or without seeds, very finely diced
- Small handful of coarsely chopped cilantro
- Small tortillas of choice (grain-free if desired)
- Small wedge of red cabbage, very finely sliced (or romaine)
- Lime wedges
- Jalapeño slices, optional
- Avocado slices
Cook this recipe with the best ingredient
Get the best flavor out of this recipe using our macadamia products.Shop Now