- Toast the coarsely chopped Mauna Loa Dry Roasted Macadamias in saute pan or under broiler until lighten brown. Set aside
- Place the raisins in a small bowl and add boiling water to cover them. Let them 'plump' for about 10 minutes. Drain water.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and stir until softened (about 2 minutes).
- Add the brown rice to the oil and onions and coat, stirring.
- Reduce the heat to low and add 2½ cups of water and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender (about 30-35 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Stir the raisins, Mauna Loa Dry Roasted Macadamias and parsley into the cooked rice. Sprinkle pepper on top.
- 1 cup Mauna Loa Dry Roasted Macadamias with Sea Salt, chopped coarsely, toasted
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Yellow or White Onion, finely dices
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- 1/3 cup Golden Raisins
- 4 tablespoons Italian Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Pepper, to taste