- Remove the Mauna Loa Kona Coffee Ice Cream from the freezer and allow it to soften at room temperature for 5-10 minutes, until it can be easily scooped and shaped.
- Flip four of the cookies upside down, then add a generous scoop of ice cream to each. Use a spoon to smooth the ice cream into an even layer.
- Add the remaining four cookies to the ice cream (right-side up) to create the tops of the sandwiches, then freeze for at least several hours to harden.
- To make the chocolate shell, carefully melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a small pot over low heat, stirring frequently. Pour the melted chocolate into a small bowl and let it cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, chop the Sea Salt Macadamias very finely and place them in a small, shallow dish.
- Working quickly, dip each ice cream sandwich half-way into the chocolate shell. If desired, you can dip it several times for a thicker coat. Then, while the chocolate shell is still soft, roll it in chopped macadamias. Set each completed sandwich on wax paper to avoid sticking.
- Place the completed ice cream sandwiches in a sealed container and return them to the freezer for at least several hours so they can harden. Store them in the freezer for up to several days.
(Makes four ice cream sandwiches; divide or multiply as needed)
- 8 homemade or store-bought chocolate chip cookies (grain-free and/or vegan as desired; note that this will work much better with a soft/chewy cookie rather than a crisp cookie)
- One pint of Mauna Loa Kona Coffee Ice Cream
- ¼ c dark chocolate chips (vegan as desired)
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- 4 oz Mauna Loa Sea Salt Macadamias
The perfect afternoon pick-me-up, this special ice cream sandwich features creamy coffee ice cream, chocolate chip cookies, a dark chocolate shell, and crunchy macadamia nuts.