- To make the crust: combine dates, Mauna Loa macadamia nuts, and coconut in a food processor and process until the mixture just starts to make a sticky ball
- Spoon the crust mixture into a pie pan and press it down firmly, along both the bottom and the sides. You want to achieve an even layer that will stick together well, so press it hard. Then, let your crust sit in the freezer for at least 15 minutes before trying to spread filling over the top. You may also prep in advance.
- For the filling: in a medium saucepan, whisk together macadamia nut milk, coconut milk, and 1 cup sugar. In a separate bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in water. Bring coconut mixture to a boil. Reduce to simmer and slowly whisk in the cornstarch. Continue stirring mixture over low heat until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- In a glass bowl, microwave chocolate chips for 1 minute or until melted. Divide the coconut pudding evenly into two bowls. Mix chocolate into one portion. Spread on the bottom of the pie crust. Pour the remaining portion of pudding on top of the chocolate and spread smooth. Refrigerate for about an hour.
- To make whipped cream, mix the heavy cream with 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks from. Later the cream on pie; if desired, garnish with chocolate shavings.
- 1 c Mauna Loa macadamia nuts
- 1 1/2 c dates
- 1/4 c unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup macadamia nut milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup white sugar