- Add macadamia nuts to a food processor along with lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic salt and 1/4 cup (60 ml) water.
- Blend all ingredients making sure to scrape down sides as needed.
- Then add more water, about 1 Tbsp (15 ml) at a time, until a thick paste forms.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more nutritional yeast for cheesy flavor, salt for saltiness, lemon juice for brightness, or garlic salt for garlic flavor.
- Blend again to combine. If adding herbs or spices (like red pepper flakes) add at this time.
- 1 1/4 cup raw macadamia nuts
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)