Salted Caramel Macadamia Nut Gingerbread Brownies
Yield: 24 brownie bars
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup caramel baking chips
- 1 1/2 cups Mauna Loa dry roasted chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Lightly grease bottom of a 13×9-inch baking pan with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and baking soda. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Add molasses and eggs to the melted butter. Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chunks, caramel baking chips and chopped macadamia nuts.
- Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan. Lightly sprinkle the sea salt evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes. The center should be slightly firm to the touch.
- Cool completely for about 1 hour before cutting into bars.
Holiday breakfast muffin idea: Spoon the batter into paper-lined muffin cups until about 2/3 full. Then bake at 325 ° F for 20 minutes.
Original Recipe from: Harvey Morris – Baked Chicago