Roasted Sunchokes with Macadamia Nut Gremolata
- ½ cup Mauna Loa Roasted Chopped Macadamia Nuts
- 2 lemons, zested and chopped
- 2 bunches parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 lb sun chokes
- 1/8 tsp ground thyme
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Cut sunchokes into 1 to 1 ½ inch pieces.
- In a medium bowl, toss chopped sunchokes with olive oil, ground thyme and salt.
- Place on a lined sheet tray and roast in the oven for 30- 40 minutes, until tender and slightly caramelized.
- While the sun chokes are roasting, combine the chopped macadamia nuts, parsley, lemon zest and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Stream in olive oil and finish with salt to taste. Set aside to let the flavors marinate.
- Once sunchokes are cooked, place in a serving dish or plate and top with the gremolata.
Original recipe from: Emily- The Fresh Slice