Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Chicken Stir-Fry
- 4 lbs. Chicken Breasts, Boneless, Skinned cut in bite-size
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2-3 inch pieces Ginger Root, peeled and finely-chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut oil
- 1 cup Green bell pepper, cut in bite-size chunks
- 1 cup Red bell pepper, cut in bite-size chunks
- 1 cup Scallions, cut in bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Mauna Loa Macadamia Nuts Roasted, Salted or Unsalted
- 3 Tablespoons Soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Wine
- 1½ Tablespoons Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Chinese Five Spices
- 2 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- 1 cup Water
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Sriracha Sauce
- Servings: 6
- Make Sauce first. Put all ingredients in small bowl and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- In a wok or large saute pan, fry the chicken in the oil with the onion, ginger and garlic 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the green and red pepper with half the scallions for 2 minutes.
- Add the Mauna Loa Macadamia Nuts and stir.
- Pour the sauce over chicken and after a minute or two, the sauce should thicken. If it is too thick, add extra water little-by-little until desired consistency.
- Serve over rice.
- Serve with condiments of Crushed Red Pepper and Sriracha and season to taste.