Macadamia Nut Banana Bread
- 3 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup coconut chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 8 x 4 inch pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Add mashed banana, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla extract to a blender and blend until smooth and well combined. Pour into a large bowl.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt to the same bowl and mix until just combined. Fold in 3/4 of the nuts and coconut, reserving some for the topping.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the middle comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Allow bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Once bread is cool, cut into 12 slices.