Makes 4 entrée or 8-10 appetizer servings.
- 1 cup Mauna Loa Dry Roasted Chopped Macadamias, chopped finely
- 1 lb. Shrimp, large, peeled, deveined with tails on
- ¾ cup Panko Crumbs
- 3 Eggs
- ½ cup Flour, all-purpose
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 cup Coconut, sweetened, shredded
- Coconut Oil
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Rinse shrimp and place on paper towels to quickly dry.
- Start with 3 medium bowls.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Beat the eggs in the second medium bowl.
- Blend the coconut, Mauna Loa Dry Roasted Chopped Macadamias and panko in the third bowl.
- In large skillet, pour coconut oil and put on medium high heat.
- Drip the shirmp into the flour, then the eggs, and then dredge into coconut, macadamia nuts, panko crumbs, generously coating each shrimp. Use your fingers to pack on the coating.
- Using a flat spatula, lift the shrimp form the bowl and place 6-7 shrimp at a time into the very hot coconut oil.
- Flip after 2 minutes with tond and fry on the other side until golden brown. Shrimp cooks quickly!
- Place cooked shrimp on paper towel.
- Serve with Sweet Chili Sauce.