Cauliflower Mac ‘N Cheese Bake (Vegan/Paleo)
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Dash of pepper
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Heat your oven to 415*F. Grease an 8×8 baking dish with coconut or avocado oil.
- Steam the cauliflower. To steam, cut the cauliflower into florets and put in about 1/4 inch water into a frying pan. Heat the water until it’s boiling, add the cauliflower florets, and cover and steam until they’re tender. (This usually takes about five minutes.)
- When done steaming, turn off the heat and drain the water.
- While the cauliflower is steaming, prepare the cheese sauce. Add the rest of the ingredients ,except cauliflower, into the food processor and process until you get a smooth, creamy sauce. If you’d prefer a thinner sauce, just add some water.
- Place the cauliflower florets in an even layer in the baking dish.
- Pour the cheese sauce evenly over the florets.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the top has browned. If desired, pop in the boiler for 1-2 minutes to crisp the top.
- Top with a few more chopped macadamia nuts for an added crunch!
Original Recipe at Christina Rice-Addicted to Lovely