Blue Cheese Dijon Chicken Salad
Makes 6 servings
- ¾ cup Mauna Loa Dry Roasted Macadamias with Sea Salt, chopped coarsely
- 4 Chicken Breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1 cup Celery, chopped
- 1 cup Red Seedless Grape
- 1 cup Blue Cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Style Mustard
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 package Fancy Salad Mix
- Rinse chicken breasts and place in baking pan, cover with water. Bake in 350 °F oven 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. Cool.
- Cut cooled Chicken into bite-size pieces.
- In large bowl, mix chicken, celery, grapes, Mauna Loa Dry Roasted Macadamias and blue cheese.
- In small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and dijon style mustard and stir into the chicken mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place salad mix on individual salad plates and add scoops of chicken salad.
- This can be made one or two days in advance.
- This is perfect for summer picnics.
- Mauna Loa Macadamias taste great toasted too! Toasted nuts can easily by added to this recipe for extra crunch.
- Add extra dijon style mustard for extra flavor!