Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 2½ cup (10 oz.) Mauna Loa Dry Roasted Macadamias with Sea Salt, chopped coarsely
- 12 oz. jar Apricot Preserves
- 4 Chicken Breasts, skinless and boneless
- ¼ cup Dijon Style Mustard
- 8 oz. Fontina Cheese
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Line baking sheet with foil and grease.
- Combine the apricot preserves and mustard in a large skillet and heat over low heat, stirring until melted (but not hot). Remove ½ cup of preserve mixture to another bowl (extra sauce can e serve with baked chicken).
- Wash and dry chicken breast Make a pocket by slicing each breast in the middle.
- Dip each breast in the preserves mixture generously. Dip in bowl of coarsely chopped Mauna Loa Dry Roasted Macadamias and place in baking dish.
- Slice generous slices of fontina cheese and place in each chicken pocket.
- Pour remaining preserves from skillet over chicken breasts with remaining Mauna Loa Dry Roasted Macadamias.
- Sprinkle salt (to taste).
- Bake at 375 °F 25-35 minutes (until done).
- Remove chicken from baking sheet and put on platter. Serve with extra sauce.
- Serve with our Mauna Loa Dry Roasted Macadamias Toasted Nut Brown Rice.
- This dish freezes well!
- With side dishes of the brown rice and vegetables, smaller portions may be served. We recommend cutting the chicken breast in half after slicing the pocket. This way it can serve up to 8 people.
- Mauna Loa recommends using the highest quality ingredients in our recipes, just like our nuts. There are many types of preserves on the markets so read labels carefully.