Mauna Loa Bike Giveaway - September 2021 Sweepstakes
Terms & Conditions
The Mauna Loa team will select one winner per retailer banner on October 5, 2021. Winners will be contacted by email. The winner will have one week to accept the prize and communicate acceptance through email.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. CONTEST IS OPEN TO ALL LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE STATE OF HAWAI‘I AND ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY AND THEIR DEPENDENTS STATIONED IN THE STATE OF HAWAI‘I, WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF DATE OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. EMPLOYEES OF MAUNA LOA AND ITS MARKETING AGENCIES, AND ANY OF THEIR PARENT, AFFILIATE, SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES AND THEIR IMMEDIATE FAMILIES (PARENT, CHILD, SIBLING, AND SPOUSE) ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER. CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STAET, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. ENTRANTS AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THEIR PARTICIPATION CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED HEREIN.
Program Description: The Mauna Loa Bike Giveaway - September 2021 Sweepstakes will begin September 1, 2021 @ 9am HST and ends at September 30, 2021 at 11:59pm HST (the “Contest Period”). One (1) winner from each retailer banner will be selected in a random drawing at the end of the Sweepstakes Period from all eligible entries to receive one (1) bike. Prize value is $500. The Sponsor is Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corp. You are not a winner unless Sponsor verifies your applicable entry, satisfaction of eligibility requirements, and/or prize claim, and you have fully complied with these Official Rules.
Eligibility: Contest is open to all legal residents of the state of Hawai'i and active-duty military and their dependents stationed in the state of Hawai'i, who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Void where prohibited. Employees of Mauna Loa and its marketing agencies, and any of their parent, affiliate, subsidiary companies and their immediate families (parent, child, sibling and spouse) are not eligible to enter. Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and their participation constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein.
Contest Period: Contest Period begins September 1, 2021 @ 9am HST and ends at September 30, 2021 at 11:59pm HST (the “Contest Period”).
To enter: All eligible participants may enter the Contest during the Contest Period by visiting the Mauna Loa contest landing page and filling out the entry form including first and last name, valid email address, and newsletter opt-in. One (1) entry per email address is accepted. For questions regarding contest, contact Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corp. at email@example.com
- Entries must not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging, threatening, derogatory, obscene or offensive remarks about Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corp. or its products, other people, products or companies, contain or reference trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind without permission, contain or reference copyrighted materials owned by others without permission, or any applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- By submitting an entry: Participant agrees to release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corp, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, employees, officers and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all liability for any claim, injury, loss, or damage of any kind (including, without limitation, those related to rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, arising from or in connection with Participant’s participation in the contest, or the awarding, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize (if applicable) and/or with respect to participation in any prize-related activity (if applicable).
- Participant grants to Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corp. and its designees all rights, title and interest in and to each entry, including but not limited to, any intellectual property rights that may inhere in the entry.
- Entries that are not in compliance with these official contest rules as stated herein will be ineligible. Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corp., in its sole discretion, shall have the right to disqualify any entry that it deems not in compliance with these official contest rules.
Contest Results: Contest winner will be announced on Mauna Loa’s Instagram and Facebook Story after close of Contest Period.
Selection of Winner and Prize Details:
Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corp. will select at random one winner at random on October 5, 2021 to receive prize . Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- Potential winner is subject to verification of eligibility by Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corp., whose decision is final and binding in all matters relating to the contest.
- Winner will be notified by Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corp. via email within seven (7) business days following the drawing at the end of the sweepstakes, at the email address provided by the participant. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for any incorrect email address provided by a participant, or any change of email address of participant after participation. Winner will have one week from notification to accept prize by providing notice to Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corp. via email.
- Proof of identity, age and/or legal residence may be required to claim a prize. In Sponsor’s sole discretion, potential winners may be required to complete a notarized affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where permitted by applicable law) a publicity release, which must be returned within the time period specified in potential winner’s notification email. Any failure to timely return required documents or requested information, noncompliance with the terms of these Official Rules or the return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable will cause prize to be forfeited in its entirety and the participant in question to be disqualified from winning any further prizes in the Contest. Forfeited prizes may be awarded by Sponsor, at its sole discretion, to an alternate winner selected by Sponsor from among all remaining applicable eligible entries, pending verification of eligibility. If a potential winner is 18 years of age or older, as is required for entry, but not yet the age of majority in state of residence, the applicable prize will be awarded in the name of potential winner’s parent or legal guardian, who must fulfill all obligations of winner set forth in these Official Rules. Unless otherwise described herein, no other assignment, transfer, or substitution of any prize is permitted, except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize with a prize of comparable or greater value in its sole discretion. If winner is unable to accept a prize due to ineligibility or fails to claim prize within 72 hours, prize will be forfeited in its entirety and may be awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Prizes will be picked up by the winner at the retailer, as appropriate. Winner is responsible to provide Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corp. with winner and up to four friends’ current, valid mailing address as appropriate to receive delivery of prizes.
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corp. is not responsible for lost or stolen packages containing the prizes. Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corp. will not replace lost or stolen prizes.
- If the prize is not picked up within a week, the applicable prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among all remaining entries. Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corp. is not responsible for prizes or prize notifications returned as undeliverable.
- Winner is solely responsible for paying all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, if any, and all other unspecified expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of prize.
- Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied by Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corp., except any standard written warranty included in the prize packaging.
- Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash and prize substitutions will not be allowed, except at sole discretion of Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corp. who reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value if the advertised prize(s) become unavailable.
- Winner grants to Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corp. and its designees the right and authority to use winner’s social media handle names (Instagram, Facebook), likeness, city and state of residence for purposes of advertising and publicity at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in any manner whatsoever, without limitation and without compensation, notice, or right of approval.
- Winner must continue to comply with all official guidelines.
Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the contest; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the contest or the processing of entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an participant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, participant’s sole remedy is another entry in the contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corp., at its discretion, may select the winner from among all remaining eligible entries.
Disputes: Participants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this contest or any prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal, state or local court located in the City & County of Honolulu, State of Hawaii; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including but not limited to costs associated with entering this contest; and (c) to the extent allowed by applicable law, participants shall not be permitted to obtain awards for, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, participants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corp. in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Hawaii, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Hawaii.
Discrepancies: In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any contest-related materials or such disclosures or other statements made by Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corp. or its representatives, and the terms and conditions of these official rules, these official rules shall prevail, govern and control. Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corp. may modify and amend these official rules during the Contest Period for clarification purposes only, provided the material terms and conditions of these official rules are not affected by such modifications/amendments.
Severability: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these official rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these official rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.