White Chip And Macadamia Toffee CrunchDesserts
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Â½ cup MAUNA LOA Macadamia Nut Baking Piece
- Â¾ cup (1Â½ sticks) butter
- Â¾ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Line 8- or 9-inch square or round pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan; butter foil. Stir together white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Reserve 2 tablespoons white chocolate chip and nut mixture; sprinkle remaining chocolate/nut mixture over bottom of prepared pan.
- Combine butter, sugar and corn syrup in medium heavy saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Increase heat to medium; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Cook and stir until mixture turns a light caramel color (about 15 minutes).
- Immediately pour mixture over white chocolate chip and nut mixture in pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle reserved 2 tablespoons white chocolate chip mixture over surface. Cool. Refrigerate until chocolate/nut mixture is firm. Remove from pan; peel off foil. Break into pieces. Store tightly covered in cool, dry place. Makes about 1 pound of candy.