Roasted Macadamia Cheese BallAppetizers
Makes 8 to 12 servings
- Â¾Â cup Â Mauna LoaÂ Maui Onion and Garlic
- 1 cup Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- 2 tablespoons Shallots, miced
- 3 tablespoons Dates, chopped into small bits (2-3 dates)
- Â½ teaspoon Lemon Rind, grated
- Â¼ teaspoon Salt
- Â¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Roast chopped macadamias under broiler until golden brow. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the blue cheese, cream cheese and milk in a large bowl with a mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
- Add shallots, dates, lemon rind and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper. Note: the Mauna Loa Maui Onion and Garlic macadamias are salted, so do not over-salt.
- Spoon cheese mixture onto a large sheet of plastic wrap. Form into a ball using a rubber spatula or large spoon. Wrap and then continue to mold ball with your hands. Chill overnight.
- Unwrap cheese ball; gently roll into chopped, roasted Mauna Loa Onion and Garlic, coating well and pressing gently so that nuts stick to the ball. You can sprinkle the remaining nutsÂ around bottom of cheese ball for presentation.
- Place on serving plate. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with your favorite crackers, toasted bread or fresh vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, green and red peppers. jicama, celery, cucumber.. the list is endless!
- This can be made 2-3 days ahead of your event. On the day of serving coat cheese ball with the macadamia nuts.
- Be sure to serve with a bowl of Mauna Loa Onion and Garlic Macadamias. Guests can't get enough of these tasty treats!