Roasted Garlic DipAppetizers
Makes 1Â½Â cups
- 2/3 cup Mauna Loa Maui Onion and Garlic Macadamias, coarsely chopped
- 1 bulb* Garlic, roasted (*use approximately 10 cloves of the bulb)
- 4 tablespoons Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon Shallots, chopped finely
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Roast garlic bulb at 400 Â°F for 30 minutes . (slice off bulb top, drizzle 2 or 3 teaspoons of olive oil and let drizzle in between bulbs and then place in foil before roasting). Set aside and cool.
- In blender or food processor, combine the garlic*, sour cream, cream cheese, shallots and olive oil until smooth.
- Taste. Possibly add more garlic* cloves. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into bowl and stir in Mauna Loa Maui Onion and Garlic Macadamias
- Chill in refrigerator, covered, for 24 hours to allow flavors to meld.
- Serve with your favorite chips or vegetables.
- This can be made ahead 2 to 3 days before events.
- Not enough time? Use our easy version for a quick and delicious dip! Make onion dip using 2 cups of sour cream, 1 packet of onion soup mix and 1 cup of chopped Maui Onion and Garlic Macadamias. Serve!