- Cut each date open to ensure that all the pits have been removed. It's important to check since sneaky pits often hide inside!
- Line the bottom of the pie pan with parchment paper for easier slicing.
- To make the crust, combine the dates and macadamias in a food processor and process just until the mixture starts to make a sticky ball. Make sure not to over-process, otherwise the nuts will begin to release their oils.
- Coarsely chop the 4 oz of chocolate for the crust and add it to the food processor. Pulse the food processor until the chocolate is uniformly distributed throughout the crust in small, uneven chunks. At this point, the crust mixture should have a sticky texture and should stay together when squeezed.
- Spoon the crust mixture into a pie pan and press it down firmly, along both the bottom and the sides. You want to achieve an even layer that will stick together well. Then, place the crust in the freezer to chill for 30 minutes.
- In a stand mixer, beat the ice cream for about a minute until smooth and creamy but not melted.
- Chop the additional 2 oz of chocolate into uneven shards. Add the chocolate and the raspberries to the ice cream and beat again just until combined.
- Spoon the ice cream mixture into the prepared pie crust and spread it into an even layer, smoothing out the top surface. Freeze for several hours or overnight until the ice cream has hardened.
- When you're ready to serve, let the pie sit at room temperature for several minutes to soften. Garnish the top with additional raspberries and shaved dark chocolate if desired, then slice and serve.
Make-Ahead Tips: If you want to prepare this pie in advance, you can keep the finished pie in the freezer for up to a couple days. Just make sure it's tightly sealed, either in a large resealable bag or a container with a lid. Garnish it right before serving to avoid damaging the berries.
For the Crust
- 1 1/2 c pitted dates
- 6 oz (one jar) Mauna Loa Unsalted Macadamias
- 4 oz high-quality dark chocolate, dairy-free and/or minimally-sweetened as desired
For the Pie
- 2 pints Mauna Loa Vanilla Orchid Macadamia Milk Ice Cream
- 1 c fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 oz high-quality dark chocolate, dairy-free and/or minimally-sweetened as desired
- Optional: Additional raspberries and chocolate shavings for garnish