Cauliflower Mac 'N Cheese Bake (Vegan/Paleo)Influencer Created
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Dash of pepper
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Heat your oven to 415*F. Grease an 8Ã8 baking dish with coconut or avocado oil.
- Steam the cauliflower. To steam, cut the cauliflower into florets and put in about 1/4 inch water into a frying pan. Heat the water until itâs boiling, add the cauliflower florets, and cover and steam until theyâreÂ tender. (This usually takes about five minutes.)
- When done steaming, turn off the heat and drain the water.
- While the cauliflower is steaming, prepare the cheese sauce. Add the rest of the ingredients ,except cauliflower, into the food processor and process until you get aÂ smooth, creamy sauce.Â If youâd prefer a thinner sauce, just add someÂ water.
- Place the cauliflower florets in an even layer in the baking dish.
- Pour the cheese sauce evenly over the florets.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the top has browned. If desired, pop in the boiler for 1-2 minutes to crisp the top.
- Top with a few more chopped macadamia nuts for an added crunch!