Caramel Macadamia Nut Cheesecake BarsInfluencer Created
Cook Time: 1 hour Total Time: About 2Â hours Servings: 16 bars Ingredients:
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese
- 1 6 oz bag of Mauna Loa Chopped Macadamia Nuts
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1Â cup and 1 Tbsp sugar, divided
- 1/4 heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla, divided
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set out cream cheese to soften/bring to room temperature. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and pour Mauna Loa Chopped Macadamia Nuts onto pan. Roast in the oven for 4 minutes, until fragrant. Remove from oven, take parchment paper with nuts on top from pan, and place on counter to cool.
- Line an 8x8 brownie pan with two sheets of parchment paper, in 'cross' formation, so edges hang over sides (this helps for easy removal of the cheesecake bars from the pan). Set aside 3/4 cup of macadamia nuts in a separate bowl, and combine remaining nuts with graham cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons melted butter, and 1 Tbsp sugar. Mix together, and pour into the pan. Pat into a crust on the bottom of the pan (don't go up the sides). Bake in oven for 8 minutes. When slightly crisp, remove from oven and let cool while you move to next steps. Reduce oven heat to 325 degrees.
- Make the caramel, by heating 1/2 cupÂ sugar in a medium sauce pan over high heat.Â Use a whisk, and continually move sugar. After about 5-6 minutes, it will all melt and turn a gorgeous caramel color (the deeper the caramel color the deeper the caramel flavor, so you can make it as dark or as light as you want). Reduce the heat to medium, then add 2 1/2 Tbsp butter to sugar (it will bubble, so be careful), and mix until fully combined. Add 1 tsp vanilla and heavy whipping cream and mix. Continue to heat for an additional 2 minutes, then set add the reserved 3/4 cup macadamia nuts. Set aside to cool NOTE: As it simmers then cools, it will continue to get thicker. If you find it is too thick when it comes time to use, you can add another TbspÂ of heavy whipping cream and heat up again to thin out.
- Next, make the cheesecake mixture. Take the 2 8 oz packages of cream cheese and put in stand mixer with 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla.Â Beat until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, scraping the sides as needed to make sure that everything is incorporated.
- Pour cheesecake mix onto cooled crust, and tap on the counter to bring air bubbles to the top. Pour caramel macadamia nut mix onto the cheesecake in swirls, not just in one place. Tap the pan again lightly to get the caramel to sink a little bit into the cheesecake. Swirl the caramel slightly with a knife through the top of the cheesecake.
- Bake in oven for 35 minutes, or until top it firm yet springs back slightly when touched. Let cool COMPLETELY. Use parchment paper handles and pull from pan.
- Cut and serve. Top with whipped cream and any extra caramel. May be refrigerated up to 4 days.
- ENJOY and post with #perfectleehungry!