Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 5 cups Hawaiian Sweet Bread, cut into chunks (about 16 oz. of bread)
- 8 Eggs, Large
- Â¾ cup Sugar
- 4 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 3 cups Milk
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 4 tablespoons Butter, cold
- Â¾ cup Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 1 cup Mauna Loa Dry Roasted Chopped Macadamias
- Preheat oven to 350 Â°F.
- Night before tear bread up into chunks and do not cover. (Bread should become somewhat 'stale').
- Grease casserole dish with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- In large bowl whisk eggs,Â Â¾ cup sugar, 3 teaspoons cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add milk and vanilla.
- Add bread and mix gently, bread will begin soaking up mixture.
- Pour into casserole dish.
- In food processor, addÂ Â¾ cup sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, flour and mix.
- Slice the 4 tablespoons of cold butter into the mixture and pulse until mixed.
- Stir in Mauna Loa Dry Roasted Chopped Macadamias.
- Sprinkle this mixture over top of bread pudding.
- Bake for 45 minutes until done. (Middle should slightly jiggle).
- Make this the night before and bake in the morning for breakfast and wake up to the delicious aroma!
- Can be served with maple syrup poured over it and even dollop of whipped cream.
- Great for breakfast, brunch - or serve as dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and or whipped cream.
- This tastes delicious with our Mauna Loa Dry Roasted Chopped Macadamias Salted Caramel Sauce.
- This recipe can be made with whole milk, low-fat milk, half & half, heavy cream, or a combination of the above.
- This recipe may be made with a variety of breads and rolls: brioche, sweet, leftover dinner rolls, etc.