MakesÂ 1 loaf
- Â¾ cupÂ Mauna Loa Dry Roasted Chopped Macadamias, toasted
- Â½ cup Mauna Loa Dry Roasted Chopped Macadamias
- 1Â¼ cups Flour, all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Â½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- Â½ cup Butter, room temperature (add extra butter for buttering loaf pan)
- 2 Eggs, large room temperature
- Â½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Â¼ teaspoon Apple Sauce
- Â¾ cup Bananas, very ripe, peeled and mashed (about 2-3 bananas)
- Preheat oven toÂ 350 Â°F.
- Butter loaf pan (9 x 5 x 3-inch)
- Stir the flour, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla together. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, at medium speed. Gradually pour in the egg mixture and mix well.
- Add bananas and apple sauce (it will look somewhat curdled).
- With the a rubber spatula, mix in the flour mixture - do not over-mix!
- Fold in 2/3 cups toasted Mauna Loa Dry Roasted Chopped Macadamias. Pour into loaf pan.
- Sprinkle the 1/3 cup untoasted Mauna Loa Dry Roasted Chopped Macadamias, pressing in lightly into the batter. (Note: these nuts will toast while baking).
- Bake for 55 minutes or so (insert a toothpick into the center of the bread until it comes out clean).
- Cool for 5 minutes on wire rack. Serve with whipped cream cheese, if desired.
- When cool , wrap in plastic wrap. This moist break tastes great for many days!